Applications for the HEC Commonwealth scholarships 2022 are open now. Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Purpose: To contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by supporting research that will have a developmental impact. These awards will also enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increase institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries and will contribute to UK higher education and research by attracting high-caliber international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration. Also, visit for 5000 Need-Based Scholarships At University Du Quebec Canada – Fully Funded.
Details About HEC Commonwealth Scholarships
- Country: UK
- Institute: Different Universities.
- Sponsored by: UK Government
- Nationality: All Pakistanis
- Course/ program: Masters & PhD
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
To apply for these scholarships, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022
- For Master scholarship, applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelors/master’s degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Maximum two-second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Master or PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2022
- NOT have commenced and be currently registered for a Master or PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, in your home country or elsewhere
- Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form. (For PhD)
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Two references submitted online to UK application system.
- Must obtain minimum 70% marks in HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on eligibility criteria & terms of the award:
Commonwealth (CW) Scholarships are for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time study (Masters & Ph.D.) in the United Kingdom. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Complete details of programs, eligibility, financial coverage/benefits, duration, and further classification of themes of study offered for Commonwealth scholarships are available at the following websites (please read thoroughly before applying).
For Master: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/
For Ph.D.: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-phd-scholarships-for-least-developed-countries-and-fragile-states/
How To Apply
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
Applicants are required to submit online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC portal. In case the applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2) below, their application will not be considered for further processing.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Master & Doctoral studies (PhD) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at HEC website: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal.
- While submitting an online application at HEC website, do attach scan copy of deposit slip of Rs. 800/- (non-refundable) deposited in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Sector H-9, Islamabad for HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by Education Testing Council (ETC). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility available across HBL branches in Pakistan.
* Before applying, kindly update your HEC portal profile with the latest email/cell number & updated information.
Application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case (submitted applications must also be complete in all aspects)
For HEC Portal: Deadline for submission of HEC online application is 1st November 2021 (1600 Hours Pakistan Standard Time)
For CW portal: All applications must be submitted, and all mandatory fields completed in the application form by 16:00 (GMT) on 1st November 2021 at the latest. Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 22nd November 2021 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- HEC may conduct test/interview to shortlist/nominate candidates.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC online portal shall close as per the deadline, thereafter, no candidate would be able to apply. Also, incomplete applications (not submitted) will NOT be accepted.
- Please note that HEC has only facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar applicants for all future scholarships.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply before the deadline of 1st November 2021.