Job in Cyprus at Frederick University – Research Assistant for Ph.D. students at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is open now. This job in Europe country is sponsored by RPF Hubs of Excellence Research Programme awarded to Frederick Research Centre. The successful candidate will become a Ph.D. student at Frederick University and will be affiliated with Frederick Research Centre.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics at Frederick University in Cyprus has been announced one vacancy for a full-time Ph.D. student supervised by Dr. Symeon Nikolaou. This Cyprus jobs will be funded under a national Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) Programme, SWITCH. This is a great abroad job opportunities for you.
The successful candidate will conduct research on Simultaneous Wireless Information and Power Transfer (SWIPT). As part of the research activities of a broader team, the Ph.D. student will be working on the implementation of the SWITCH research project jobs in Cyprus Nicosia.
Job Title & Description
SWITCH expected research has two general technological and scientific objectives:
- Investigate from a theoretical perspective and physically implement new SWIPT receiver
topologies that allow sequential decoding instead of the more conventional symbol by symbol decoding.
- Study new WSN architectures (of sensors with energy harvesting capabilities) that will fully exploit the potential benefits of WPCs and the impact of mobility in wireless sensor networks, and investigate the feasibility and the limitations of large antenna arrays as designated power transmitters.
Also apply for PNRA Paid Internship In Pakistan 2020 (MS Fellowship)
• Development of prototype antennas/microwave devices
• Manuscript preparation and submission
• Research proposals preparation and submission
• Collaborating and supporting the local team at Frederick Research Center (FRC) and SWITCH consortium towards the implementation of research objectives.
• Master’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
• Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal).
• Relevant research experience in microwaves and antennas.
• Experience in software tools such as CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, ADS, and MATLAB.
• Experience in fabrication and testing of antennas or microwave devices.
• Excellent organization, time management, collaboration, and communication skills.
Employment Terms & Conditions
The position is available on a contract basis for the academic calendar year 2020-2021 (October 2020- June 2021) and can be renewed for up to two additional years, subject to a satisfactory performance review.
The employment cost for this full-time position (150 hours per month) will range between €1500 and €2100 per month depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
About Frederick University
Frederick UniversityFrederick University is an energetic and vibrant private university operating in the Republic of Cyprus, a member state of the European Union. Frederick University was established after a decision by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus on 12th September 2007.
Although the establishment of the University is relatively recent, the organization has a long history of more than 50 years in higher education. Frederick University operates from two campuses, the main campus in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, and the other campus in Limassol, the second-largest city.
Frederick Research Centre
Frederick Research Center (FRC) is a leading research non-profit organization in Cyprus. It was established in 1995 in order to create a solid foundation for the development of scientific research activities of Cypriot and foreign scientists. FRC main goals are:
- To promote scientific research and science in general and to undertake and conduct research on basic and applied nature in various domains To offer consulting services to individuals, businesses, organizations, and the government.
- To encourage participation in research projects and the development of a research proposal.
- To coordinate and participate in the implementation of research projects and
- To establish collaborations with other national and international research centers and
universities for the execution of research work.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to Dr. Abdul Quddious (email: email@example.com) by the 20th of July 2020:
- A cover letter that also specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of degree(s) certificates and of transcript(s).
- The names and contact details of two referees, of whom at least one is an academic, from whom references may be requested.
- For more details and clarifications, you may contact Dr. Abdul Quddious, via email: